Wednesday 22 June 2016

5 Things Game Collectors Do When Not Actually Gaming


I'm sure that this won't apply to everyone but it does to me. As a gamer and a collector, I find myself doing these things quite often when I'm not actually playing with my games.

1.  Looking For More Games

I might just be out shopping for household items or some biscuits or whatever and I would always feel a need to stop by a game store just to see if there are any used games I might fancy. Sometimes, even when I'm just sitting around at home, a game just pops into my head and I would have the urge to immediately find out how much it would cost. I would go online and check all the usual sites and undoubtedly start looking at various other titles I would like to someday add to my collection.  

2. Admiring The collection

I don't know if anybody else feels the same way but sometimes when I walk past my shelf of games, I just tend to admire it for a few minutes. I look at it as a whole and look at some of my more treasured titles and just stand there with a silly smile on my face. Honestly, I hope nobody ever sees me doing that.

3. Watching Videos Of Other Collections

I used to do this almost every day! I would watch videos of people showing off their collections on YouTube and think about getting some of the titles they have and possibly even amassing a similarly colossal collection. It's just quite enjoyable to watch these people talk about the games they have in their collection. Watching them makes me think that maybe I'm not that crazy after all. 

4. Rearranging The Collection

I still do this quite often, for some reason. I feel like I need to properly organize my collection according to some sort of order. The problem is, I can never decide on what that order should be. Sometimes I want it to be alphabetical, sometimes by franchise and maybe sometimes by the different looking logos on the spine. It's maddening at times but it's also a lot of fun looking through all the games and deciding where they go.

5. Talking To Other Collectors

There are a lot of really great people in the game collecting community which is why conversing among collectors is something I personally do quite often. Game collectors in general are very pleasant and friendly towards fellow collectors and gamers. It's nice to share views and opinions on various titles you may or may not have in your collection as well as show off some of the more uncommon titles you've acquired. 


So, those are some of the things I do when I'm not actually gaming. A bit silly, maybe, but I couldn't care less. It's good fun! 


Danial Aziz
Instagram: @beyond_just_games
Facebook: @beyondjustgamesblog

No comments:

Post a Comment